The early, early results are in.
1. TCU, 1-0. There are flaws, but the Frogs were convincing in their win against Oregon State. TCU has an "bye" this week against some fake Tennessee school. The Frogs next real game is against Robert Griffin N' Friends on Sept. 18.
2. Texas, 1-0. The 'Horns offense was a snore in a game they should have won by 30 against Rice. UT may have been bored. Next up is a home game against Wyoming.
3. Texas A&M, 1-0. Beating Stephen F. Austin only half counts, but the Aggies did look good. Next up is Louisiana Tech.
4. Houston, 1-0. Case Keenum threw for, like, 974 yards and 15 touchdowns in the first half against Texas State before taking a nap in the second half. Next up is UTEP at home. The Coogs' need to leave no doubt they are the best team in C-USA and beat the Miners badly.
5. Baylor, 1-0. Robert Griffin looked awfully good in Week 1. Baylor should be 2-0 after beating up Buffalo in Waco on Saturday.
6. Texas Tech, 1-0. The Red Raiders won, which is good, but an 8-point win against SMU doesn’t instill tons of confidence. They'll win this weekend at a New Mexico team that was crushed at Oregon. Things get interesting in two weeks when TT hosts UT.
7. SMU, 0-1. Self-inflicted wounds killed the Ponies in Lubbock. But SMU is at a point where it can be competitive with teams, but Tech is better. SMU is home this week against UAB.
8. Rice, 0-1. A 17-point loss against the Horns feels like a win. The Owls travel to North Texas this weekend; this is a game the Owls can't lose.
9. UTEP, 1-0. A 21-point win against Arkansas-Pine Bluff is lame. A huge game this weekend against conference rival Houston.
10. North Texas, 0-1. Played hard but eventually overwhelmed in loss at Clemson. Host Rice this weekend.
- Mac Engel