OK, now I'm feeling better, or at least not quite so guilty when I return to the ATM machine to bet more games.
(Again - I’m not betting my real money, but I track to see just how broke I would be if I did put down $10 on six games each week. I began with "$100". I picked straight up the first two weeks, which I'm learning is so easy my dog could do it.)
In Week 1, I was 1-5.
In Week 2, 4-2. That week's celebrity guess picker, former Channel 11 weatherman Mike Burger, finished 3-3.
In Week 3, I was 4-2. There is something to be said for consistency, but TCU is killing me. Gary, c'mon, help a brother out. Celebrity guess picker, Fort Worth Mayor Mike Moncrief, was 5-0-1 (he didn't pick against the lines, and said the UT/OU game would finish in a tie; always a politician).
Where does this put me financially? Well, I need some more money ... but I'm good for it. After making a quick stop at my favorite loan shark this week, I'm at minus $80. Things are going to change this week, though. I have a feeling.
1. Wyoming at TCU; Cowboys are getting 34 points.
Law of averages, right? Frogs finally cover.
2. Arkansas vs. Texas A&M at JerryWorld; Aggies are getting 6 points.
This will be a decently close game; the Hogs have too much but they don't cover.
3. Texas Tech vs. Baylor at the Cotton Bowl; Bears are getting 2.5 points.
It's Baylor's time.
4. Michigan State at Michigan; Spartans are getting 4.5 points.
Denard Robinson can't play defense for Michigan, which really hurts. Take the Spartans and the points.
5. Alabama at South Carolina; Gamecocks are getting 6.5 points.
The Spurrier's aren't good enough to do this; Tide rolls and covers (again).
6. LSU at Florida; Tigers are getting 6.5 points.
The Tigers are a mess waiting to be exposed. Florida does that, and covers.
- Mac Engel
Follow me on Twitter