This is a bad, bad way to start. After two weeks of picking six games against the spread I am already receiving mail at the ATM machine.
(No, I’m not betting my real money, but I track to see just how broke I would be if I did put down $10 on six games each week. I began with "$100". After drawing out additional funds to cover this week, I’m already minus $40. But I have a gooooood feeling I’m going to be in the black soon.)
In Week 1, I was a depressing 1-5.
In Week 2, 4-2. Last week's celebrity guess picker, former Channel 11 weatherman Mike Burger, finished 3-3.
My 4-2 mark is highly disputed, too. I had TCU covering a 17.5 point spread, but the line was reduced to 17 late. TCU would have covered my line had it not missed a PAT late in the game. That's what I mean by needing style points.
This week's games ...
1. Oklahoma vs. Texas, UT is getting 2.5 points.
Not a huge spread, so I'll take the Sooners to cover.
2. TCU at Colorado State; Rams are getting 33 points.
Me thinks GP will have TCU well oiled for a blowout.
3. Boise State at New Mexico State; NSMU is getting 43 points.
Broncos will cover.
4. Stanford at Oregon; Coach Jim Harbuagh is getting 9 points.
Oregon wins, but Stanford covers.
5. Kansas at Baylor; KU is getting 9 points.
Bears are perfect at home against KU and will cover on Saturday morning.
6. Florida at Alabama; Gators are getting 8 points.
'Bama didn't cover last week, but won. I say they do both this week.
- Mac Engel
Follow me on Twitter