Texas' win at Nebraska confirmed to the rest of the world what we already knew - despite advances by the North, the South is still better in football. Nebraska should be ashamed of itself. Other than TCU and UT, this was a pretty ugly week for Texas college football.
Texas Power Poll: Week 7
1. TCU, 7-0. Time for the Frogs to start playing interested, because they weren't against BYU and it showed. A blowout this weekend against Air Force would be nice.
2. Texas, 4-2. Not sure where that running game has been that showed up in Lincoln, but UTers have a shot at 10 wins.
3. Baylor, 5-2. One more win and the bowl is theirs. They will beat Kansas State this weekend to get to Six. After that, it gets dicey for seven.
4. SMU, 4-3. Losing at Navy won't kill the Ponies chances of winning CUSA, but they have to cut down on the self-inflicted errors. This team is better than its record. They host a reeling Houston team this weekend, and remain in line to win the CUSA West division.
5. Texas Tech, 3-3. The defense has given up 34 or more points in their last three games. They have three remaining wins on their schedule - Colorado, Weber State and Houston. The A&M game on Oct. 30 is the tossup.
6. Texas A&M, 3-3. It's bad. Again. They are aided by playing an awful Kansas team this weekend. The youth and inexperience of A&M's offensive line is showing.
7. UTEP, 5-2. Interceptions killed the Miners' chances at UAB. Host Tulane this weekend.
8. Stephen F. Austin, 5-1. QB Jeremy Moses keeps throwing it all over the place.
9. Rice, 2-5. Nice win against a Houston team that is waiting for next season.
10. Houston, 3-3. Reality caught the Coogs in a lost at Rice. They are at SMU this weekend. The Coogs aren't guaranteed a winning record in a year where they thought about flirting with the BCS.
11. North Texas, 1-6. It's over.
- Mac Engel
Follow me on Twitter