The Oklahoma Sooners announced Monday that All-Big 12 Conference cornerback Aaron Colvin was bypassing a chance to enter the NFL Draft and was returning for his senior season.
That's a major boost for Oklahoma's 2013 hopes, particularly after losing three other junior starters, safety Tony Jefferson, wide receiver Kenny Stills and linebacker Tom Wort, who decided to enter the draft.
Colvin tweeted on Monday afternoon: "I have decided to return for my senior year. Thank you to everyone who have supported me through this tough process. Back to work I go."
In a University of Oklahoma news release, Sooners coach Bob Stoops said: "I am pleased that Aaron has come to this decision and I believe it's the right one for him. I believe he has an opportunity to become one of the premier defensive players in the Big 12 and in the country. Hopefully, he will continue to work hard to reach that potential and help us achieve our team's goals."
The Sooners got more good news when wide receiver Dannon Cavil (6-foot-5, 205 pounds) of San Antonio Madison said via Twitter he had changed his commitment to Oklahoma and would be enrolling this semester at OU. Cavil had been committed to California.