It's over! It's all over! Fake Football is over. Cowboys lose 23-14 in what may go down as the worst game ever played in the history of organized sport. The Cowboys drop to 2-2 in the fake season.
A few notables:
* Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he would not put Greg Ellis on the physically unable to perform list. That means he starts the season on the 53-man roster, even if he can't play immediately.
* Bobby Carpenter said he's not hurt.
* Receiver Jerheme Urban's punt return for a touchdown was the first of his football career. He had never returned a punt until training camp a few weeks ago.
* The next big date on the Cowboys' schedule is Saturday when they make the final roster cut down to 53.
* Wade Phillips said he thought the Cowboys cornerbacks played better today than they did against the Texans. Yes, I realize that's not exactly high praise but it beats the alternative.
- Mac Engel