The Cowboys had their morning practice cut short due to the storms that rolled through the area. Here are some of the observations from the first mini-camp practice....
* Cowboys WR Terrell Owens was not at the practice and is not expected to attend the entire minicamp while dealing with a personal matter. The absence is excused. He had his physical on Monday and attended the Tuesday morning meetings but left before practice started at 10:15 a.m.
* WR Terry Glenn and FS Ken Hamlin were absent as expected. Hamlin is not under contract and Glenn has not yet signed an injury waiver to practice. Both also did not take their physicals on Monday.
* The good: WR Sam Hurd put a nice inside move on CB Pacman Jones during one-on-one drills to seperate and beat Pacman to the outside for a catch. ... WR Danny Amendola left CB Quincy Butler behind on one drills showing impressive quickness.
* The bad: Tough morning for some of the young WRs, also known as guys that can't afford many dropped passes. Mike Jefferson dropped a pass and was yelled at by receivers coach Ray Sherman. The drop bug also hit undrafted free agent Daniel Polk. Isaiah Stanback, who has been making good strides, also had a pass go right through his hands.
* Practice resumes at 3 p.m. and will conclude at 4:45 p.m.
* WR Patrick Crayton said he was tired of hearing ''OTAs''..."Let's get rid of that word OTA. Just say the fifth week of mini-camp.'' He said he has also been impressed with Pacman because he has been able to pick things up quickly in short time.
- Rick Herrin