The clouds broke and the sun burst through here Wednesday morning at Camp Cowboys at the River Ridge Field. Here's a breakdown of what went down in today's first workout.....
* Ex-Cowboys alert: Saw former Cowboys safety James Washington at practice. He was doing some radio work with Michael Irvin.
* Did I really see that?: Wade Phillips hamming it up in front of the fans giving Rowdy a big bear hug. That's just downright silly.
* T.O. vs. Pacman: The battle continues. Pacman broke up a would-be touchdown catch by Owens in the back of the end zone during the red zone drill. Owens barked at Pacman for pushing him and Dave Campo gave Mike Jenkins credit for the play. Heard "good job Jenks"...sorry coach that was Pac.
* Red Raider report: WR Danny Amendola seperated on cornerback Orlando Scandrick on a crossing route to make a catch during red zone drills.
* Rookie oops: RB Felix Jones tripped on guard Leonard Davis' leg trying to bust up the middle and fell down. Davis may have tweaked his ankle a little bit on the play. Earlier in practice Jones busted to the through like a rocket and shot into the secondary then got a high-five from Terence Newman who was watching.
* Tough morning: NT Tank Johnson wasn't too pleased with his morning and hurt his left hand during one-on-one battles when he went down going against center Cory Procter. He shouted out his displeasure after the play.
* One-on-one battles: Here's the lowdown on who looked good and who didn't from the OL-DL matchups. Shined: OLB Greg Ellis, OLB Anthony Spencer, DE Chris Canty, C Cory Procter, LT Flozell Adams, G Joe Berger, T Doug Free, C Andre Gurode, G Leonard Davis....Struggled: RT Marc Colombo, DE/NT Jay Ratliff (matched up with Davis), NT Marcus Spears, NT Tank Johnson.
- Rick Herrin