« Just CHILL: Five things you need to know after the first day of camp | Main | Romo ought to benefit from time away, Garrett says »

July 27, 2011

Kosier gets three-year deal to stay, Colombo fails to restructure and likely on his way out

The Cowboys and guard Kyle Kosier came to terms on a three-year deal worth roughly $9 million, a source said.

The agreement gives the Cowboys free agent deals with their two best offensive linemen from a year ago, joining the one made with tackle Doug Free on Tuesday night.

Free will return to left guard with Montrae Holland likely replacing the expected to be cut Leonard Davis at right guard.

The Cowboys however might not be done on the offensive line as vice-president Stephen Jones said they planned to sign two or three in free agency. Free and Kosier make two.

The Cowboys add another veteran to give them some insurance at guard in case Holland doesn't work out. They may even consider bringing Davis back once the he tests the free agent market.

But Davis will be cut on Thursday.

And now it appears to tackle Marc Colombo will officially be given his walking papers as well. The Cowboys had been working to restructure Colombo's contract but were unable to do so.

 Clarence E. Hill Jr.

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00e54f7fc4c58833015390398393970b

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Kosier gets three-year deal to stay, Colombo fails to restructure and likely on his way out:

Comments

The comments to this entry are closed.