Highlights of the Cowboys roster include
* Four running backs with Felix Jones, Tashard Choice, Demarco Murray and Phillip Tanner.
So much for the talk that the Choice would be gone. The Cowboys couldn't chance having two rookies behind the injury prone Jones.
* The Cowboys will have two kickers in rookie Dan Bailey handling field goals and David Buehler handling kickoffs. This position remains unsettled and untrustworthy as the Cowboys are going into the season with an roookie who has never made a kick the NFL before.
* FB Chris Gronkowski's days were numbered when he missed the block that resulted in Tony Romo's injury last season. The Cowboys tried to replace him with three players in camp but none proved good enough for the job. So the Cowboys cut everybody.
*That the Cowboys kept just three inside linebackers Bradie James, Keith Brooking and Sean Lee is worth noting because of Brooking's age and Lee's injury history. James has also been bothered by bad knees the last two years. Look for one to be brought back to the practice squad, either Orie Lemon or Kenwin Cummings or both.
* The Cowboys finally gave up on safety Akwasi Owusu Ansah, a fourth-round pick from last year who never made the transition from small college to the pro game.
* They also finally gave up on former Texas Tech linebacker Brandon Williams, a fourth-round pick in 2009.
* They didn't wait to give up on cornerback Josh Thomas, a fifth-round pick this year who was among the roster moves.
Clarence E. Hill Jr.