« After being 'not quite himself' the first day, Romo getting sharper and moving better, Garrett says | Main | Cowboys "value" the QB position, but they are expected again to have only two on their roster »

July 26, 2013

Stephen Jones says he doesn't know who the starting offensive line is going to be

Cowboys personnel director Stephen Jones said he doesn’t know what the starting offensive line will look like, so he’s glad the team has an extra preseason game.

“I think the work we need in the offensive line and a change to a new defense, the 4-3 defense under Monte Kiffin, I think the game’s only going to help us,” he said. “We’ve got a lot of young players. We’ve got young players coming off injuries who need work. I think it couldn’t have come at a better time in terms of us getting an extra game and being able to have some young players, having an extra game to develop.”

Guard Nate Livings returned to practice Friday, giving the Cowboys potentially four of their five projected starters. But Livings, who had been out since the start of camp because of a cut foot, did not practice with the first unit. David Arkin and Kevin Kowalski kept their places, along with center Travis Frederick and tackles Tyron Smith and Doug Free.

“I don’t know who our starting five is going to be yet,” Jones said. “That’s a very competitive situation and that’s what we want. But what we do want is everybody out there competing. That’s very important that they get out there on the field. I think they know it.”

-- Carlos Mendez

Twitter @calexmendez

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00e54f7fc4c588330191046cf2a6970c

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Stephen Jones says he doesn't know who the starting offensive line is going to be:

Comments

The comments to this entry are closed.