« Rangers manager moved by Yankees' Martin's selfless act | Main | Tonight's Rangers-Mariners lineups »

July 14, 2011

Surgery possible for Rangers' Julio Borbon

General manager Jon Daniels said that center fielder Julio Borbon could have surgery to stabilize a sprained left ankle suffered last week at Triple A Round Rock. Borbon, the Rangers' Opening Day center fielder the past two years, is receiving currently receiving treatment, said Daniels, but a speedy player might benefit more with more support near the joint.

An operation would put Borbon, who suffered a similar injury in college, out six to eight weeks and leave Leonys Martin as the next option for the big-league club if a center fielder is needed. Martin, who was promoted last week to Round Rock, is the Cuban defector who signed a big-league contract in May.

 "I’m hoping we don't have a need, but he's in Triple A and he's on the [40-man] roster," Daniels said. "If we had a need, it's something we'd consider."

-- Jeff Wilson

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00e54f7fc4c5883301538fe59aff970b

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Surgery possible for Rangers' Julio Borbon:

Comments

The comments to this entry are closed.