Here are a few pregame notes before the Rangers open a three-game series against the Angels.
* The Angels announced they will start Ervin Santana and Jered Weaver on three days' rest for the first time in their careers, with Santana going on Saturday and Weaver on Sunday. Rangers manager Ron Washington wasn't too concerned about it, neither was Josh Hamilton. "Bring 'em on," Hamilton said.
* Josh Hamilton admitted that he hasn't had the season he is capable of, saying he "hasn't let loose." Hamilton went on to say that he has been swinging more for contact, rather than driving the ball. Washington wasn't too pleased when he was informed of Hamilton's comments, saying: "Don't tell me that." Of course, Washington would like to see Hamilton let loose, although -- as Hamilton said -- it's easier said than done.
* Washington moved Nelson Cruz down to the seven-hole. He believes Cruz has been trying to do too much, and hopes the change helps him relax. Mitch Moreland was batting sixth.
* Adrian Beltre, sidelined with a left hamstring strain, said he had "no update" in regards to his status. There is no timetable on his return. He could be approved to begin a rehab assignment on Saturday, though.
* Andres Blanco, on the DL with lower back inflammation, has swung from the right-side but has issues swinging from the left-side. Washington doesn't know when Blanco will return, but said he expected Beltre to be back before Blanco.
-- Drew Davison