The Texas Rangers announced several moves today with rosters expanding, and have 30 players on the active roster. They are as follows:
* Third baseman Adrian Beltre, who has been on the DL with a left hamstring strain, has been activated. Before going on the DL, Beltre had a .276 average with 20 home runs, 29 doubles and 76 RBIs in 100 games.
* Utility infielder Andres Blanco, who has been on the DL with lower back issues, has been activated. He will only bat right-handed the rest of this season.
* Added catcher Matt Treanor and left-handed reliever Mike Gonzalez, both of whom were acquired via trade on Wednesday.
* The Rangers added two players from Triple A -- infielder Esteban German and right-hander Merkin Valdez. German hit .301 with seven home runs and 56 RBIs in 123 games with the Express. Valdez has gone 1-0 with four saves and a 2.35 ERA in 12 relief appearances with the Express after he signed a minor league contract on July 24.
* Round Rock right-hander Pedro Strop was sent to the Orioles as part of the Gonzalez trade. Strop was on the Rangers opening day roster, but went 0-1 with a 3.72 ERA in 11 games before being optioned to Triple A.
* Infielder Omar Quintanilla was outrighted to Triple A Round Rock after clearing waivers. He appeared in 11 games with the Rangers, recording one hit.
-- Drew Davison