Here are a few notes following the Rangers 10-9 loss to the Cardinals on Thursday night.
* This is the first time the World Series has gone to a Game 7 since 2002, when the Anaheim Angels defeated the San Francisco Giants. It'll be the 37th World Series in history to go to the final game (including 1912, when eight games were played following a Game 2 tie).
* Of the 36 previous Game 7s, the home team has won 19 times (52.8 percent). The home team has won the last eight occurences, however.
* The 2002 Angels are the last team to come back from a 3-2 deficit to win the World Series. There have been 18 all-time.
* Thursday night was the 56th extra-inning game in World Series history, the first since Game 3 of the 2005 Fall Classic.
* Rangers closer Neftali Feliz blew his first career save in the postseason. His last blown save was on Aug. 6 vs. Cleveland.
* Game 6 took four hours, 33 minutes to play.
-- Drew Davison