It took the Texas Rangers' equipment staff a little less than three hours to pack a moving van -- with everything from baseballs to sunflower seeds -- that's headed to Surprise, Ariz. for spring training on Tuesday.
Here's a few notable items the Rangers packed, according to equipment manager Richard "Hoggy" Price:
* 100 cases of baseballs (1,000 dozen of regular baseballs and 800 dozen of practice balls); in all, 21,600 baseballs
* 200 helmets
* 24 bats for every player
* playground equipment for the players' children
* Coolers to distrubute to minor league affiliates
* The team's entire backstock of T-shirts, jackets and shorts.
* X-ray machine and all of the Rangers video equipement
* 20 cases of sunflower seeds
Below is a video of Craig Gentry and David Murphy unfurling a banner on the truck before it departed for Arizona:
-- Drew Davison