The story of the night was Yu Darvish and the gem he tossed to lead the Rangers to a 2-0 victory over the Yankees.
Here are a few notes on Darvish’s start, as well as other items from the game:
* Darvish threw 8 1/3 scoreless innings against the Yankees, the longest scoreless outing by a Rangers starter since Bob Tewksbury threw nine scoreless on July 7, 1995. … Darvish had 10 strikeouts, the most thrown by a Rangers pitcher this season. … According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Darvish joins Kaz Ishii as the only Japan-born starting pitcher to begin his MLB career 3-0.
* Joe Nathan picked up a rare one-pitch save. He relieved Darvish in the ninth, and induced a game-ending double play grounder by Raul Ibanez. It’s the first one-pitch save for the Rangers since Francisco Cordero on May 27, 2005.
* Ian Kinsler belted his 21st leadoff homer, extending his franchise record. It was his first of the season.
* Josh Hamilton had an RBI single in the third, and has hit safely in 16 of the Rangers’ 18 games.
* The Rangers had their fourth sellout of the season with 47,085 on Tuesday. They have 1,500 reserved seats left for Wednesday’s game. The weekend series against the Rays has been sold out, and only obstructed view and standing room only tickets remain.
-- Drew Davison