Before Roy Oswalt makes his debut in the Texas Rangers' organization with his first start at Triple A Round Rock, here are updates on outfielders Leonys Martin and Julio Borbon.
* Leonys Martin, on the Triple A disabled list following thumb surgery in early Mary, has been taking batting practice the past five days. He has also been running the bases. Martin, though, said he is still 5-7 days away from being ready to play. The Rangers expected Martin to be sidelined for 6-8 weeks, and he is going on his fifth week. Martin injured his thumb when he slid into first base on a bunt single attempt. "I'm a little frustrated to be on the DL," Martin said. "When I get back, the biggest challenge will be getting comfortable sliding again."
* Julio Borbon was placed on the DL earlier this week with a groin injury. He expects to be ready by the end of next week, as he ran at 70-75 percent on Saturday. Borbon feels this is a critical season for him to show he can play in the big leagues, as this is his final option year. Asked about his future with the Rangers, Borbon said: "I feel like I have a future in baseball, that's as broad as I can leave it. It's pretty wide open with the things you see take place in this business. I would like to think so and something that would be ideal, but that's for them to decide."
-- Drew Davison