1. Rangers starter Matt Harrison finally got knocked around. And the Blue Jays beat him over the head last night in their 10-3 win at the Ballpark on an absolutely gorgeous night. Harrison's first inning was brutal, and his final line was 3 ip., 8 hits, 7 runs, 3 walks. See how he does in his next start, and whether this is the beginning of bad or just an aberration.
2. The stats show there were 21,755 at the game at the Ballpark. What the ^%%$#? It was a perfect night for baseball, yet I am beginning to see now no difference in attendance for a team that finished in the World Series last year or a team that finished last in the division.
3. Canucks avoided historic collapse by defeating the Hawks 2-1 in OT. Vancouver GT Roberto Luongo showed shades of his form for Team Canada in defeat of Team USA in gold medal game in '10 Winter Games when he late in the tying goal very, vary late in regulation only to be bailed out.
4. The Rangers offense mustered just three runs last night, thanks largely to the impossible - two RBI from struggling CF Julio Borbon. Nellie Cruz is hitting just .244.
6. Assuming the Mavs win the first round series against the Blazers they are going to get the Kobes in the second round. Amazingly, Kobe's bum ankle apparently isn't that bad. He scored 19 points last night as six Lakers finished in double figures in their Game 5 win against the Hornets.
This series ends in Game 6 in New Orleans. And there is NO WAY the Mavs can beat the Lakers in the next round.
7. Seattle's Miguel Olivo hit one of the more bizarre home runs you'll see. Watch this YouTube clip carefully.
8. Proof there are way too many bad books in publication, and about to be in publication: Levi Johnston has a book deal.
9. Emma Watson is leaving Brown. No truth to the rumor she wants to attend the Brown of the midwest - the University of Kansas (bet you thought I was going to say Hogwarts).