1. How about the Rangers, who can't seem to lose. The Rangers have ripped off an MLB season-high 11 in a row.
Pitching. Pitching. Pitching.
This according to S-T Rangers beat man Jeff Wilson, "the Rangers have allowed only two runs in the past five games, the best five-game run in club history."
2. Does Texans GM Rick Smith know what he's doing? Well ... cough-cough ... we'll see. The Houston Chronicle's Jerome Solomon opines on a rather large issue with what has been a bad football team.
3. Jack Wagner of Melrose Place held off Tony Romo to win the celebrity golf event in Reno.
4. Neat story from El Paso about Lee Trevino's year in 1971.
6. This dude from Dancing With the Stars wants US women's goalie Hope Solo on the show. Good suggestion, sir.
7. Harry Potter's final opening weekend made enough to bail out the U.S. govt.
8. Rupert Murdoch continues to make friends in the UK.
Facebook Mac Engel