1. Jason Garrett is going to pummel you with corny optimism, but it beats cynicism any day. At the very least this guy is upbeat and organized to the max.
2. The Rangers are 16-30 against Twins under Ron Washington. That's not a very good winning percentage. Carlos Beltran isn't coming here - he's going to the Giants.
3. Cowboys guard Kyle Kosier is back at three years, $9 million. This is a guy Bill Parcells barely wanted and had special teams coach Bruce DeHaven lined up to blame if the move bombed. It didn't.
5. Tropical Storm Dom is headed for Texas, which means someone in this great state will get rain. Please, let it rain on my dying lawn even though I know it won't.
8. Buck Harvey of the SA Express news is buying Jason Garrett stock. Smart move.
9. Alex Trebek blew out his Achilles trying to chase a burglar.
Facebook Mac Engel