1. Red Ball: Cowboys are 7-4 under Jason Garrett. Last 9 games have been decided by 3 points or less. Eat it, Peter King!
2. Anybody who questions Tony Romo's anything, save for the postseason, really needs to shut it. His line was bad, his center was awful, and his receivers looked like they didn't know where they were. And in the fourth quarter he was good.
Fourth Quarter Romo In 2011:
Week 1 at Jets: 5 of 12, 108 yds., 0 TD, 1 Int, 1 fumble
Week 2 at SF: 12 of 15, 201 yds., 2 TD, 0 Int
Week 3 v. Wash: 6 of 12, 107 yds., 0 TD, 0 Int
Romo's line: 22 of 36 for 255 yards with 1 pick. His QB rating was 70.9. Considering the circumstances, a brilliant night.
"It was a tough game, the pain side of it," Romo said after the game. "It's hard to mentally keep coming back each play. It's not just me doing it. It's a bunch of guys. Tonight was a great example of keep grinding and moving forward. There were a lot of mistakes. A lot of mistakes. These guys are tough and they want to get back in there."
3. Felix Jones picked a very, very good time to have a good game: 14 carries, 115 yards. The o-line was pretty shaky, but when Felix got loose a little bit it forced the Redskins' defense to honor the run and not just sit down on the passes. Felix also had three catches for 40 yards.
4. It's time to admit what Martellus Bennett is - a professional athlete without a position. We are the ones who keep putting expectations on this guy, and he's never produced like it whether it was at A&M or with the Cowboys.
Kevin Ogletree ... time to get it or get out.
5. The Cowboys defensive front-seven can keep this team in games. It would help, however, if DeMarcus Ware showed up before the fourth quarter. Ware did nothing in the first three quarters before making a few very big plays on Rex Grossman.
"I thought the defense was outstanding," Garrett said after the game.
It was, but next week against the Lions it's going to have to be better. This is the Redskins. This is Rex Grossman.
Linebacker Anthony Spencer's sack and forced fumble on Rex to effectively win the game is more proof of just how good this guy can be, when he wants it. He didn't last season.
"We're going to have to swallow this one," Rex said after the game.
6. Hate to say this, but Terence Newman is never going to be 100 percent healthy again.
7. It may be time to seriously consider moving Tyron Smith to left tackle and Doug Free to right tackle. Smith's upside says he should be an LT, while Free may be better suited for the right side. Free hasn't been as good so far in 2011 as he was in '10.
8. Dez Bryant: 4 receptions for 63 yards. He was almost invisible the entire night, but for one busted play with 2 minutes remaining. This guy has got to figure it out. He's too good not to.
Romo's improv play where he escaped pressure against another blitz and found Dez for a 30-yard gain on a 3rd-and-21 with 2 minutes remaining enabled the Cowboys to win.
"It happens. The first 2 times we blitzed too and got them in third and long," Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said after the game. "It didn't work. Romo made a good play and it was a good catch by the wide receiver."
9. Dan Bailey. Looks like the Cowboys have found their kicker. Thank. God. Bailey was good from 41, 27, 32, 41, 23 and 40.
"I would say pretty reliable. He has a good demeanor for a kicker, and for a football player," Red said. "The field goals were the difference in the ball game for us."
10. NFC East Division Standings, and points for and points allowed
Cowboys: 2-1 69/67
Redskins: 2-1 66/53
Giants: 2-1 71/60
Eagles: 1-2 78/77
Facebook Mac Engel