In a 24/7 media world we can never not have enough content, and Terrell Owens came through again. For the last time. I debated whether to opine about Mr. Owens, but his workout yesterday that yielded no NFL teams attending is too easy to miss.
T.O. ran routes without his shirt on, and looks like he is in fantastic shape. He's always been in fantastic shape.
His agent, Mr. Drew Rosenhaus, said Owens' workout created a lot of buzz. He's not lying. A lot of my media brothers and sisters are taking this opportunity to rip the blank out of Owens for continuing to be what he always has been: A narcissist. I have no idea how Owens could not be. He's surrounded by more sycophants than Monty Burns. He reminds me of that dude from the New Jersey housewives show ... only considerably better looking.
- No team in the AFC East.
- The Ravens need a WR, but GM Ozzie Newsome wouldn't do this. So no team in the AFC North.
- The AFC South is so bad it may no longer be in the NFL, but considering the Texans traded for Derek Mason I can't see them going for T.O.
- The Raiders? Never know. Al Davis is dead, but the team's painfully stupid trade for Carson Palmer suggests his legacy lives in Oakland.
- The NFC East? Mike Shanahan won't do this in D.C., where they really do need a receiver.
- A big N-O on the NFC North.
- Tampa Bay is 4-3 and the youngest team in the league, but I can't see coach Raheem Morris doing this.
- It would be fun to watch Steve Smith and T.O. trying to share the same QB in Carolina, but it won't happen.
- And the NFC West is the AFC South.
The NFL has moved on from Terrell Owens, only no one is being honest with him about his situation - he will no longer play football for a living. Of all the things Terrell Owens has done as a professional, this transition promises to be harder than anything he's done before.
The T.O. Show is done, and there is no popcorn.
Facebook Mac Engel