* The World Series is going to a Game 7 for the ninth time in the last 30 years.
2002 - Angels win at home against Giants
2001 - DBacks win at home against Yankees
1997 - Marlins win at home against Indians
1991 - Twins win at home against Braves
1987 - Twins win at home against Cardinals
1986 - Mets win at home against Red Sox
1985 - Royals win at home against Cardinals
1982 - Cardinals win at home against Brewers
The common thread? The home team doesn't lose.
* The 1979 Pirates and 1975 Reds both won Game 7 on the road.
* The Cardinals are attempting to become the 19th team to come back from 3-2 down in the World Series to win. They have done it four previous times, the most in Major League history.
* This will be the 11th time the Cardinals have played a Game 7 in the World Series; they are 7-3 in those games.
* Of the last 13 Major League teams that won Game 6 at home to force a Game 7, 12 went on to win Game 7. The exception is the 2006 Mets, who lost to the Cardinals in the NLCS.
* Should Chris Carpenter start against the Rangers, it would be the third time in the last 10 days he's seen these hitters. Rangers opposing pitchers who saw them more than three times during the season are 7-15 with a 5.31 ERA.
* Chris Carpenter would be going on 3 days rest, something that normally doesn't agree with most starters of this era. The last time Carpenter went on short rest was Game 2 of the NLDS when he lasted three innings, gave up five hits with three walks and allowed four runs. The Cardinals won.
* The Rangers have not lost consecutive games since Aug. 24, 25 against the Red Sox.
Facebook Mac Engel