The Big Mac Blog began this season with $50 of Monopoly money. I plan to mock bet $10, against the line, five games from college/NFL every week to determine whether I should make my second career as a gambler.
In the word's of Brent Musburger, "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh doctor!"
I killed it last weekend. Just a slaughter.
Five and ohhhhhh! Life is so good. It's a shame I don't bet real money, which given the state of the U.S. economy is worth only slightly more than Monopoly money. I am now a fat plus $60 for the season.
Last week's results
1. Indiana at Michigan State (-28). Wolverines. WIN
2. Colorado at UCLA (-11). Bruins. WIN
3. Texas A&M (-31) at Kansas. Aggies. WIN
4. Cincinnati Bengals at Baltimore Ravens (-6.5). WIN. Barely
5. San Diego Chargers at Chicago Bears (-3.5). WIN.
This week's picks
1. Arkansas at LSU (-2.5). Tigers. After chewing on some grass this is my gut feeling.
2. Rice at SMU (-14). Ponies. Time for June Jones to unleash the hounds.
3. Ole Miss at Miss State (-17.5) Rebels. Last game for Coach Nutt and he covers.
4. Cleveland Browns at Cincy Bengals (-7.5). Bengals. Big win for Andy Dalton this week.
5. Carolina Panthers (-3) at Indy Colts. Panthers. The Colts are committed to Andrew Luck.
Facebook Mac Engel