The Big Mac Blog began this season with $50 of Monopoly money. I plan to mock bet $10, against the line, five games from college/NFL every week to determine whether I should make my second career as a gambler.
That picture is how I looked after reviewing my previous week in this experiment.
Like Marlena says in Days of Our Lives, "Some wounds never heal." Thank God I am not spending any real money doing this.
Last week's results:
1. Kansas Jayhawks at Iowa State (-14). Cyclones. LOSS. Want to really thank my alma mater for making this close when all they had to do was get blown out.
2. LSU at Alabama (-4.5). Tide. LOSS. Swore I wouldn't touch this game, and I did and I got burned.
3. Utah at Arizona (-3.5). Wildcats. LOSS. Total betrayal.
4. Denver Broncos at Oakland Raiders (-4.5). Raiders. LOSS. Never going near Tim Tebow games again.
5. Cincinnati Bengals at Tennessee Titans (-3). Titans. LOSS. Andy Dalton is legit, so I'm happy to have lost this one.
I am now a meager plus-$10 for the season. It's time for the rally monkey.
This week's picks:
1. Rice at Northwestern (-16). Wildcats. I know Rice beat Purdue, but this game is in Evanston, and the Cats put a beat down on Indiana earlier this season.
2. Nebraska (-3) at Penn State. Cornhuskers. This may be the most uncomfortable college football game ever.
3. Texas (-1) at Missouri. Longhorns. Horns are getting better and the Tigers are not.
4. Buffalo Bills at Dallas Cowboys (-5.5). Cowboys. I don't see the Bills as a for real team.
5. New Olreans Saints (-1) at Atlanta Falcons. Falcons. Two casinos don't have a line for this game, and I like the home team.
Wish me luck.
Facebook Mac Engel