People who don't know the NHL are now just figuring out that The Great One has a daughter who some may call "attractive". Seems The Great One had a chat with daughter about some rather racy pics she was posting on The Google Machine.
Uhhmmm ... people, you do remember that her mother is Janet Jones (pictured). Yeah. That one. The one who posed for Playboy.
Former SMU running back turned ESPN talking head Craig James is kicking the tires on running for political office here in our great state. The way GOP candidates are screwing up I wouldn't rule out James in the White House by January of 2013.
According to this blog post Craig James is really thinking about politics, and will leave ESPN after the season to make a run for a senate seat.
How he still has a job with ESPN after the Texas Tech Mike Leach debacle confirms what we all know about selective journalistic integrity.
Nonetheless, James will make a fine political candidate when he decides to run.
1. He has money.
2. He has no experience.
3. He looks good in front of a camera and has a great smile.
4. He can speak very well.
4a. He managed to talk his way in and around the Texas Tech thing in such a way to convey that he had no real culpability and is just so sorry about the way it went down.
5. He can deny with the best of them (see SMU Pony Express).
6. He could run his own charm school.
7. He is a jock, which in this country is priceless.
8. He's well versed in TV and media, both vital assets in today's political landscape.
9. He is very conservative, which sells well in Texas.
10. He has money.
Add it all up and Mr. James should be a senator in no time. Roll your eyes if you will, but you know I'm right.
Facebook Mac Engel