To all of those girls who blew me off in high school because I was a dorky, mouthy malcontent dork with glasses, a belly, a bad attitude, acne and no fashion sense ... HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?! That's right, The Big Mac Blog and Mr. Toby Keith are killin' it ... Texas Style!
In something my fiction-fueled brain could not even make up, The Big Mac Blog was named the Best Blog in Texas. No. Seriously. I'm not kidding.
According to the 2011 Texas APME (Associated Press Managing Editor) Awards given out over the weekend ...
In the Class AAAA category of Best Blog: First, Mac Engel, Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Much to my relief, part of winning this award does not include being sold for slaughter.
To answer your question, "Did anyone else in the great state 'a' Texas actually submit an actual entry to this?" Yes. I know, I know ... I couldn't believe it, either.
To answer your other question,"Was this awarded based on hair?" Not that I am aware of, but it would make sense.
And, finally, "Has this has gone to his head?" Absolutely.
With my award, here is the to-do list:
1. Sue my enemies, all of 'em.
2. Sue my friends, all of 'em ... just in case No. 1 doesn't work out.
3. Win lottery.
4. Full body makeover, including manscaping, arm wax, neck wax, leg wax and bottom of foot wax, liposuction, Botox and blonde hair by a professional.
5. Sell all of my Asia records.
6. Hire either Scott Boras and or Drew Rosenhaus to comprise my new super agent team.
7. Buy dream car - a Pontiac Fiero.
8. Entice Markie Post to meet me for coffee. Her or Blair and or Natalie from the Facts of Life.
9. Land the interview I really, really want: Harrison Ford, and encourage him to let Jon Hamm take over as Indiana Jones.
10. Offer even more sports/pop culture news, observation, exclusive interviews sprinkled with a few typoes, grammaer, problems and self-promoting commentary you just can't find anywhere else.
Now that The Big Mac Blog is a championship, award-winning blog ... there is a certain standard. And that standard is what the kids call, "Mac-tacularly Mac-tastic!"
Facebook Mac Engel