For instance, TCU's 9th inning against San Diego State in the Mountain West Conference baseball tournament in Las Vegas on Thursday, played in front of approximately 50 people.
Click here for Stefan Stevenson's story from the game, which TCU rallied to win to post one of the biggest "Thank God's" in the program's history.
TCU led 14-4 going into the top of the 9th inning before all hell broke loose. Literally.
* SDSU scored 11 runs in the 9th inning to take a 15-14 lead. TCU gave up 11 runs in a game twice during the entire season.
* SDSU hit two home runs in the inning, and four extra base hits.
* This could have been a lot worse. SDSU scored 9 of its 11 runs with one out. It had the bases loaded with one out before the final two batters were retired consecutively.
* TCU had one error, threw two wild pitches, issued two walks, and hit two batters in the top of the 9th.
* With TCU scoring a pair of runs in the 9th to win, the inning saw a combined 13 runs and 12 hits.
* The game combined for 376 pitches.
* Time of the game was three hours and 47 minutes ... or about the average length of a Yankees/Red Sox game.
Facebook Mac Engel