The Big Mac Blog returns with more football predictions. When we last left this segment I was bathing in imaginary riches. I began the 2011 season with $50 of Monopoly money, and by season's end I was plus $100. Cash.
This season I am now plus $10.
Last week's results:
1. Marshall (+26) at West Virginia. West Virginia. WIN.
2. Boise State at Michigan State (-7). Spartans. LOSS. Total screw job. MSU had the ball inside the 5 with about a minute left and did the Victory Formation. Fail, Sparty.
3. Wyoming at Texas (-31.5). Wyoming. WIN
4. Hawaii (+42.5) at USC. Hawaii. WIN. Lane Kiffin wanted to play his 10th stringers.
5. Michigan (+14) vs. Alabama. Wolverines. LOSS. The message here is never take the Big 10 to do anything against a real team.
This week's picks:
1. Philadelphia Eagles (-9) at Cleveland Browns. Eagles. Mike Vick may get hurt by the third series, but I like the Eagles against a rookie passer.
2. Miami Dolphins at Houston Texans (-12). Texans. I hate big spreads in the NFL but Ryan Tannehill against a Texans team that looks to be in their prime is too attractive to ignore.
3. Savannah State at Florida State (-70). Savannah State. I'm betting heavily that FSU will call off the dogs before kickoff and try hard to avoid an Okie State/Savannah State situation.
4. Georgia Bulldogs (-3) at Missouri Tigers. Georgia. Truman, welcome to the SEC.
5. Texas Tech Red Raiders (-19) at Texas State Bobcats. Bobcats. This opened at 14.5 and has increased since. Bobcats won't win, Red Raiders won't cover.
Facebook Mac Engel