Have you ever been to Manhattan, Kansas? Ever? Hell on earth. (FYI - I am a Kansas grad, so it's my right to be both bitter and resentful of Kansas State's football success and resort to childish insults).
How Snyder has turned Kansas State into a winner let alone a national threat coaching out of Manhattan remains one of life's great mysteries, right next to those creepy crop circle things. It doesn't make any sense.
And yet it is very conceivable to see Kansas State winning the Big 12 this season.
On Saturday night in Norman, Oklahoma Snyder undressed Bob Stoops and reinforced the notion that Landry Jones is good enough to not win a game like this.
Kansas State is ranked 7th in the nation and has only three games remaining against ranked teams:
at No. 9 West Virginia, Oct. 20
at No. 15 TCU, Nov. 10
v. No. 12 Texas, Dec. 1
The 'Cats are going to lose in Morgantown.
There is no team in the Big 12 that limits their mistakes better than the Wildcats. No quarterback makes just enough plays and doesn't beat himself as well as KSU's QB Collin Klein. There is not a better game coach than Bill Snyder, with the possible exception being TCU's Gary Patterson. That will be a fascinating game to watch in Fort Worth.
Snyder's teams routinely improve as the season progress, and provided Klein does not suffer a serious injury the Wildcats are going to a BCS game.
1. Kansas State (7th). 4-0 v. Kansas 10/6
2. West Virginia (9th) 3-0 v. Baylor 9/29
3. TCU (15th) 3-0. at SMU 9/29
4. Texas (12th) 3-0 at Okie State 9/29
5. Oklahoma (16th) 2-1 at Texas Tech 10/6
6. Baylor (25th) 3-0 at West Virginia 9/29
7. Iowa State 3-0 v. Texas Tech 9/29
8. Oklahoma State 2-1 v. Texas 9/29
9. Texas Tech 3-0 at Iowa St. 9/29
17. Kansas 1-3. Terrible. at Kansas St. 10/6
Facebook Mac Engel