The Big Mac Blog returns with more football predictions. When we last left this segment I was bathing in imaginary riches. I began the 2011 season with $50 of Monopoly money, and by season's end I was plus $100. Cash.
Last week I did it large: 4-1. I am now at plus $40 for the season.
1. Texas (-2.5) at Oklahoma State. HORNS. WIN
2. Baylor at West Virginia (-11.5). BEARS. WIN
3. Wisconsin at Nebraska (-11.5). HUSKERS. LOSS
4. Missouri at Central Florida (-2.5). TIGERS. WIN
5. Cincy Bengals (-2.5) at Jacksonville Jags. BENGALS. WIN
This week's picks:
1. Kansas at Kansas State (-24.5). WILDCATS. I know my Jayhawks.
2. Texas A&M (-12.5) at Ole Miss. AGGIES. The Rebels need too much help against Mr. Manziel.
3. Northwestern at Penn State (-2.5). WILDCATS. No faith in Nittany Lions.
4. Clev. Browns at NY Giants (-9). GIANTS. Even less faith in Brandon Weeden's Browns.
5. Houston Texans (-8) at NY Jets. J-E-T-S, Jets! Jets! Jets! Too many points.
An exciting new addition to this post has thus far been a disaster. A long time bookie, "Zliff" so far is just 1-3 in his lock picks, but did note, "This is why I stopped doing this."
1. Cal (+2.5) at UCLA. BEARS. Why not?
2. LSU at Florida over/under 42: UNDER.
3. Pitt at Syracuse (-1.5) ORANGEMEN.