The Big Mac Blog returns with more football predictions. When we last left this segment I was bathing in imaginary riches. I began the 2011 season with $50 of Monopoly money, and by season's end I was plus $100. Cash.
Last week I survived and finished 3-2. I am now plus $50 for the season. That's called grinding out wins.
1. Kansas at Kansas State (-24.5). WILDCATS. WIN
2. Texas A&M (-12.5) at Ole Miss. AGGIES. LOSS.
3. Northwestern at Penn State (-2.5). WILDCATS. LOSS.
4. Clev. Browns at NY Giants (-9). GIANTS. WIN.
5. Houston Texans (-8) at NY Jets. WIN.
This week's picks:
1. Oklahoma (-3.5) v. Texas in Dallas. SOONERS. Landry Jones does not have to be Sam Bradford.
2. Alabama (-21) at Missouri. TIDE. Missouri is learning it needs a better QB.
3. West Virginia (-4) at Texas Tech. WVA. Mountaineers are always good for 1 road loss; won't be this.
4. Buffalo Bills at Arizona Cardinals (-4.5). CARDS. Long flight & Bills stink.
5. Denver Broncos at SD Chargers (-1.5) CHARGERS. Manning doesn't do well in SD.
An exciting new addition to this post has thus far been a work in progress. A long time bookie, "Zliff", rebounded last week and is so far is 3-4 in his lock picks.
1. Florida at Vanderbilt (+9). VANDY
2. West Virginia at Texas Tech (+4). TECH. Back to back trips to Texas for WVA - no way.
3. Dallas Cowboys (+3.5) at Baltimore Ravens. COWBOYS. Win outright.
4. Indy Colts at NY Jets (-3.5). JETS. About time for Andrew Luck to throw 5 picks.
Facebook Mac Engel