The NFL released its 2013 schedule, and this is just about as good as it can possibly get:
* Open regular season at home
* Close regular season at home
* The back to back road games in consecutive weeks are at Philly and at Detroit.
* Of their eight road games, two are absolute dogs - Kansas City and San Diego.
* The bye comes in Week 11. Week 8 is ideal but 11 beats Week 4.
* The Raiders on Thanksgiving, which means this game is already counted as a win.
A bit of an oddity is that seven of their games, at least right now, are scheduled for noon kickoffs.
Not unusual is that NBC has asked for the Cowboys to be the Sunday night game of the week three times - v. Giants, v. Redskins and at Saints.
The way this schedule is set up the team could be 3-1 or 4-0 before it hosts Denver on Oct. 6. This means the Cowboys will be 2-2.
Are you ready for some heartache?!
Facebook Mac Engel