For the third consecutive year I am going to do what I do so poorly (no, not write; that's 1a) - picking football games. Tonight is the start of the 2013 amateur football season, and the time to get fake rich.
In each of the last two years I have picked five games each week against the line to see how smart I is. So far, I'm a giant plus winner. I begin the season with $50 of Monopoly money and fake bet a $10 on each of the five games.
2012: +80 (the Super Bowl pro bets bailed me out from a season of financial ruin and emotional depression)
This week's picks:
1. Texas Tech (-5.5) at SMU. RED RAIDERS. Have no idea what to expect from Coach Dude Bro, but I think they're better than the Ponies.
2. Mississippi State at Okie State (-12.5). MSU. T Boone's toy wins, but Miss State covers.
3. Northwestern (-6) at Cal. WILDCATS. This is going to be a good team.
4. Ole Miss (-3) at Vandy. OLE MISS. I'm a Bo Wallace fan, but the Rebels always screw things up.
5. Boise State at Washington (-3). HUSKIES. I like the new stadium factor.
Facebook Mac Engel