With all the talk of different starting lineups in the first six games, let's have a look to see which lineups throughout games are the most successful and how the Mavericks have accomplished certain game statistics with certain lineups:
- The Mavericks have been the most successful so far with a five-man unit of J.J. Barea, Eddie Jones, Josh Howard, Dirk Nowitzki, and Desagana Diop. This unit has played for an average of 1/3 of each game so far.
- The second-best lineup has been Barea, Jason Terry, Jones, Nowitzki and Diop, but this lineup has only been on the floor for 14.5% of the time
- An undersized lineup of Barea, Terry, Jones, Nowitzki and Diop has been almost twice as likely to get a rebound than a larger lineup of Terry, Jerry Stackhouse, Howard, Nowitzki and Diop
- When the Mavericks want to get to the free-throw line more than their opponents, Terry, Trenton Hassell, Howard, Nowitzki and Bass are their best lineup on the floor
- Of lineups that play significant minutes together, the Mavericks best defensive squad is Terry, Jones, Stackhouse, Nowitzki, Diop
With several players expected to return soon and Dallas finally getting ready to run with their true lineups, these units will obviously be drastically different. But through six games, it's interesting to note either way. And just so you know, the lineup of Devin Harris, Jason Terry, Josh Howard, Dirk Nowitzki and Erick Dampier was far and away the Mavericks' best lineup last year. You should be seeing a lot of that one pretty soon.
-Scooter Hendon, Hoops Nerd