The Mavericks lead the Bucks 47-44 at the half:
- The Mavericks failure to make three pointers continues as they go 0-4 from deep so far. They finished 3-19 last night from three-point range. At least they recognized such and aren't chucking up as many.
- After being out for a good chunk of the second quarter, Josh Howard returned and scored three points. He appears to be fine and isn't favoring the ankle after spraining it late in the first.
- Once again, Brandon Bass is the impact big man with Gana Diop and Erick Dampier looking ineffective and out of sorts. Diop has been OK and has been changing the game on the defensive end when he is in, but Dampier doesn't look good at all. Bass is sinking jumpers, grabbing rebounds and hassling the Bucks on defense and in turn is making a play for more playing time.
- After torching the Mavs early in the game, the Mavs have started cutting off Michael Redd's lanes and keeping a body on him on the perimeter. He finished the half with 11 points after getting six quick points to start the game.
- It won't show up in the box score, but Trenton Hassell looked decent in the first half. In his 14 minutes on the floor, he rotated well and hit the two open shots he took. The Mavericks have been looking for him to become more efficient and he looks to be improving.