From Darin Short out at Cowtown Speedway in Kennedale:
Due to the large amount of traveling teams converging upon Cowtown Speedway for this weekend’s Cowtown Sprint Nationals, and with the uncertainty of possible heavy overnight precipitation on Thursday night, the Cowtown Sprint Nationals will now take place, in its entirety, on Saturday, Oct. 10 and Sunday, Oct. 11.
If you purchased two-day passes: there are no changes to the two-day advance ticket sales or format. Two-day pass pre-sales will end online Friday night.
NEW SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Thursday Oct. 8: Open practice, 5-9 p.m., all race divisions, pit passes $20. Concessions and fuel available.
Friday Oct. 9: No events scheduled.
Saturday Oct. 10: Pits open at 2 p.m., grandstands open at 3 p.m., hot laps begin at 5 p.m., and races begin at 5:30 p.m.
Sunday Oct. 11: Pits open at 11 a.m., grandstands open at 11:30 a.m., hot laps begin at 12:30 p.m., and races start at 1 p.m. Fan Fest has been removed from the weekend schedule. It will return in 2010.
DETAILS OF THIS CHANGE
1. All scheduled races and all scheduled purses are still in effect.
2. The THURSDAY night (Oct. 8) practice is STILL ON, as scheduled from 5 p.m.-9 p.m. Be watching www.cowtownspeedway.com for any further updates. Main grandstands will be closed. However, with the forecast for overnight precipitation, all trailers will be asked to leave the pit area after Thursday night’s practice, so we can groom the pit area after the storm front moves through; which is forecast by Friday morning.
3. The weather forecast for Saturday and Sunday is nearly perfect, with highs around 70 and sunny conditions.
4. Friday night’s scheduled events will now take place, in their entirety, on Saturday. Here’s the revised Saturday schedule:
Pits open at 2 p.m. We may, or may not, allow trailers in the pits before this time, if the pit area is still being groomed. That will not be known until Saturday morning. Monitor the track website for the latest updates.
Grandstands will open at 3 p.m.
Hot laps are at 5 p.m., races are at 5:30 p.m. (Sprint Heats, B’s, 30-Lap $2000/win A. All other classes run heats and twin qualifying features.)
5. Saturday night’s original schedule is now Sunday. Here’s the revised Sunday schedule:
Pits open at 11 a.m. (We will clear the pits at 10:45 a.m.).
Grandstands open at 11:30 a.m.
Hot laps begin at 12:30 p.m., Sprint Heats are at 1 p.m., then B-features for all classes.
The track reserves the right to rework the track at any point in the day to insure quality racing. With the weather forecasted to be sunny, but only 70 degrees, it should make for very good racing conditions. The track will do everything in its power to make sure there are good racing conditions.
Tentatively, we plan to rework the track after the B features, which we estimate to be from 4-4:45 p.m.
For tickets, entry list, event flyer and much more, go to www.cowtownspeedway.com.